Saturday, February 21, 2009

new

I've renamed my blog "New Every Morning." It has a rather hopeful ring to it, don't you think? I got tired of the whole "In His Footsteps" name, mostly because it was never particularly meaningful to me in the first place. I just decided to start blogging one day and needed a name. I thought, "Hey, I'm a Christian, so this name should work because the whole goal of my life is to become more like Jesus, right?" That's the ultimate goal I guess, but that's not what I am. I mostly fail at that. Some days I don't even really try, and that's the truth. I believe, I love him, but I'm realistic enough about my own shortcoming to know that the truth is most days I don't try as hard as I could to be like him. I go to Starbucks once a week and spend over 100 NT on a cappuccino. Jesus wouldn't do that! He'd give the 100 NT to someone who needed it for food. This isn't meant to induce guilt in anyone; I'm just saying.

I walk this road with him and sometimes I follow in his footsteps and sometimes I veer off onto a more well traveled path (that may or may not lead to a Starbucks). A wayward work in progress I am, in his footsteps I am not. I'm rebellious, stubborn, wary, and sometimes I actually get it right. I'm stuck until I'm not anymore, and I pretend to not hear when I can. But every morning, I start over. Every morning, new. Every morning there's new light, new experiences to be had, and a new me. So although I can't say I'm really ever in his footsteps, I can say that I'm new every morning.

4 comments:

  1. Great name! I immediately thought of Lamentations 3:22-23:

    Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought of the song we sang in church this afternoon: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness, oh Lord" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda and Sandy,

    Lamentations is exactly what I had in mind! I especially like that verse. It gives hope to perpetual mistake-maker like me. By the way Amanda, your picture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it, bringing it to full completion in you" Phil 1:6

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.