Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Taiwan Style

This post may be of no interest to anyone except my grandma, who badly wants to see a picture of me in front of a Christmas tree (maybe to assure her that we do find ways to celebrate the holiday over here). Both my mother and grandma were also interested in seeing how we decorated the apartment for Christmas (I busted out those decorations as soon as Thanksgiving was over of course). So, if you aren't interested in seeing me in a Santa hat or the way in which I've artfully hung our Christmas stockings on our computer desk (a nice substitute for a fireplace), then just disregard this post. Merry Christmas, everyone! And I hope you're all listening to some good Christmas music right now (in my view, Christmas is a month long holiday).


Here's our trusty fake tree. I do like the smell and feel of a real one, but I have no idea where I'd get one over here.


My little window display, complete with blinky lights and fake poinsettias.


A bear family on a sleigh. When I press a button the sleigh moves to the tune of "Jingle Bells".


Here's the artsy Christmas stocking arrangement I promised you.


This one's for you, Grandma! Merry Christmas from Taiwan!

4 comments:

  1. posts like this are essential to family back home. I do them every year. it is also a great record for ourselves. :)

    Don't knock it. :)

    I got out my tree and decorations this weekend too. And got my ipod all updated before my computer died on Sunday afternoon.

    My post like this will be coming soon. (And so will many, many others from all over blogland.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Christmas last all month too!
    My tree is up and real-so by the end of the month(December) it will be real dead. The tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and come down the day after Christmas in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cahleen;

    You are too cute!

    Enjoy your celebration!

    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda,

    You're right, it is important -- both for us and our loved ones. It's kind of nice looking at the pictures and seeing how a bit of "home" can be recreated anywhere.

    Sharon,

    Amen to Christmas lasting a month! I'm envious of your real tree.

    Kimmie,

    Thanks! I always enjoy Christmas, even though my family is far away.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.