Sunday, October 07, 2007

Grandma's Culture Shock

Due to the fact that my grandma is visiting me, I'm still kind of taking a break from blogging, meaning that I'm not doing any long, deep, reflective posts. Wait a minute -- did I ever write posts like that? Anyway, I still like to post the occasional picture to let my five or six readers know that I'm still alive and well (because I know you were all so worried).


Here's a picture of my sweet granny! We took her to one of those restaurants with the barbecue in the middle of the table because we wanted her to have a totally "Asian" experience that she wouldn't be able to get at home. However, she instantly gave up on trying to master chopsticks. In this picture, she's defiantly brandishing her fork. So much for the Asian experience!

4 comments:

  1. Your grandmother looks so young. I hope she has a wonderful time here!

    Your YouTube video of the chopsticks is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm afraid if I struggled too much with chopsticks, I'd run to the fork as well. Can't let the food get cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come to dinner too I enjoy those restaurants also, but I feel that I would lose a lot of weight if forced to eat with chop sticks (good thing).
    Thanks for stopping by my blog I did visit really quick one day and did not have time to comment (sorry)
    Alisun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,

    I told my grandmother what you said, and she was so happy! You made her day! =)

    Javamamma,

    You'd be amazed at what you can get used to, believe me!

    Alisun,

    Thanks for stopping by! Don't worry if you don't have time to comment. No biggie! =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.