Monday, September 17, 2007

A Day at 陽明山 (Yangmingshan)

I was overjoyed today when I looked out my window and saw that it wasn't raining. The weather in Taiwan (or maybe just Taipei) can be so unpredictable, and it's rained the past several weekends. Consequently, each weekend we have had to push back our longstanding plans to go to Yangmingshan, mainly because we didn't want to drive our scooter into unfamiliar mountainous terrain in the rain. It's pretty sad that we've lived in Taiwan for over a year, and we just got up to Yangmingshan today! Anyway, I'm keenly aware of the fact that I don't post enough pictures on this wordy blog of mine, so here's the photographic evidence of our wonderful day away from the city (not really that far away, but I'm from L.A., so for me this is boonesville). By the way, things may look unnaturally green because I experimented with the "vivid green setting." My husband thinks it looks fake, but I like it.


I included this first picture so everyone back home can get a feel for the times we're living in now. These banners are everywhere! This one is outside the Yangmingshan Visitor Center.


I love the look of the mist gently rolling over the hills.


I thought these moss-covered stairs looked cool.


Yours truly! =)


Ian looking really sexy in front of a bridge.

After driving up here today, I wondered why in the world most of my students said that this was such a dangerous undertaking! The roads are super wide, much wider than the mountain roads in California. Also, half of the time the two directions of traffic are separated by big rubber cone-like thingies. I guess they were just worried about me. Very curious indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.